Shiwa Ng'andua Rural Development Project
The aims of SNDRP are to improve the basic standard of living of the residents of the Shiwa Ng'andu rural community through improved education, communication, health care, and nutrition. We also aim to improve farming methods and diversification, address water and sanitation issues with an emphasis on environment and health.
TO MAKE A DONATION CLICK HERE
1. Promoting women and children's health through encouraging women to
deliver at the hospital. This helps reduce unnecessary maternal and child
death and illness, which unfortunately occurs more frequently with at
home village births. Mothers are now encouraged to deliver in the hospital
and are provided with a baby packet when they do. Since this program has
started babies born in the hospital has increased from 2 per month to
12 per month in 4 years time.
2. The clinic services 11 satellite stations in the region and registered members have increased from 7,000 to 12,000 in the past 7 years. SNRDP sponsors Child health weeks which deal with growth monitoring and immunizations at all the satellite stations. More than 2,000 children are seen during these weeks.
3. The Chinsali Ministry of Health comes every 6 months to do free HIV
testing and counseling. Have received donations in the past which allowed
for 4 HIV workshops to be put on. Would like to continue this practice
to keep awareness alive in this area.
4. The SNRDP also purchases medications and supplies for the clinic. The Ministry of Health stores are currently empty and more often than not do not have what the clinic needs so it has fallen to SNRDP to help provide important medications and supplies for the clinic to help prevent any serious health crises.
5. Mpika District Hospital Physiotherapy Department
Building of New Clinic
The Shiwa Ng'andu Rural Development Project (SNRDP) has been a registered
charitable organization in Zambia since October 2004.
Donate to the Shiwa Ng'andua Rural Development Project.
Make checks payable to "Philanthropic Ventures Foundation " and note on the "memo" line on the check - "SNRDP Fund."
Mail donations to:
Generosity in Action
c/o Philanthropic Ventures Foundation
1222 Preservation Park Way
Oakland, CA 94612-1201
You can make a donation to the
Shiwa Ng'andua Rural Development Project via the internet
once at PVF/Donate page, locate the section "Designated Funds" - click the button for "Generosity in Action" - and specifiy "SNRDP Fund" in the text box.
There is a 3% administrative fee for internet transactions
|Return to Home Page|